Decision-making is only as good as the process you use. I guarantee this one works.
1. Identify the Problem – Einstein said, “If I had 16 days to solve a problem, I would spend the first 15 defining it.”
2. Gather Information – Facts, Assumptions, Opinions.
3. Develop criteria (Performance Measures/Considerations)
e.g., Suitability, Feasibility, Acceptability, Distinguishability, Completeness, and Measurements to differentiate among solutions.
4. Generate Possible Solutions (Courses of Action)
5. Analyze the Possible Solutions against the criteria
6. Compare Possible Solutions
7. Make the Decision
8. Align people and resources
9. Implement the Decision
10. Monitor, Assess, and Adjust – Perpetually
Military leaders have used a form of this process throughout history. Busness leaders have adapted it to their use. It works.
Contact me for more information. 703-395-6409; http://www.MikeMolinoLLC.com, Mike @MikeMolinoLLC.com
- Follow Mike Molino, LLC on WordPress.com